Product description A Renaissance man of boundless imagination, Edward St. John Gorey (American, 1925-2000) authored over one hundred published works, designed sets and costumes for theatrical productions, and had a profound affectionfor ballet, literature, film, and animals. Cats were a particular Gorey favorite and appear in many of his works, as do a number of other creatures some recognizable, and some known only in the trademark crosshatched drawings emanating from Gorey s prolific pen. All of his characters inhabit a uniquely enigmatic world, where the lamentable frailties of existence are humorously assuaged by the hopeful delights of fantasy. Thoughtfully conceived and engagingly intricate, our 1,000-piece jigsaw puzzles combine superb color reproduction, stunning and unusual images, and sturdy construction to delight generations of novice and veteran puzzleworkers.
- 1000-Piece Puzzle. Doing jigsaw puzzles is a great family activity and a perfect way for puzzlers of all ages to exercise both sides of the brain at once.
- The finished jigsaw puzzle measures 29 x 20 inches.
- The durable 10” x 13” x 1-7/8” storage box shows the completed puzzle artwork, the original artwork and is an ideal place to keep pieces safe, together, and free from damage.
- Edward Gorey created artwork depicted in this puzzle. The box includes more information about the artist and this work of art.
- For over 50 years, Pomegranate has produced puzzles, games, cards, and books that bring art and inspiration to people of all ages.