This Is Your Guide to Planning and Producing a Winning Web Site with Fresh, Compelling Content! "Webmaster" means many things to many people. Today's Webmaster may create or produce content, administer a site or a server, or even acquire a budget and then outsource everything. If you're looking for a friendly mentor, then Webmastering For Dummies® will show you where to start, how to develop strategies, and much more. This is the book the authors wished for when they were starting — chock full of what a Webmaster really needs to know.
Inside, find helpful advice on how to:
- Get on track and stay there, whether you're a Webmaster of all trades or one specializing in content, production, technology, or management
- Promote your site with smarts and get big-time traffic
- Sell your product or service on the Web, with or without your own Web site
- Find out the six possible goals of a Web site, determine your site's goals, and measure your success
- Understand legal bugaboos and avoid pitfalls
- Establish and maintain a bulletproof budget and effective procedures and standards
- Run your own server or deal effectively with an Internet service provider
- Maximize navigation of your site through savvy architecture and solid search capabilities
- Use databases as the backbone of your robust and dynamic Web site
Ask for IDG Books' …For Dummies® Books, the Fun and Easy Way to Find Out about Computers. Ask for IDG Books' Java™ For Dummies®, 2nd Edition, the fun and easy way to add interactivity to your Web pages, and The Internet For Dummies®, 4th Edition, the fast and friendly way to get connected to the Net.